Here is the information from the March 2015 Iorton trip. The cost can vary per year depending on how many units we can send over, how long we decide to keep the rental truck (1 or 2 days) and the fluctuating cost of ferry fare and fuel.
- Number of members participated: 18
- Number of units sent for treatment: 161
- Total cost per unit (to have delivered and treated): $9.69
- Total cost for trip (fees and expenses): $1,560.72
- Trip time: 16 hours, one-day return trip
- Drivers: Jim Henry, Don Lambert
- Coordinator: Alanna Morbin
Breakdown of the $9.69 per box fee
- Fee per unit treated was: $5.00 + GST = $5.25
- Fee per unit shipped (ferry fare, gas, cargo van and mileage) was: $4.43
This year the cost is estimated to be between $7.50 and $9.75 per unit to deliver and have treated. We will have a sign-up sheet at the February meeting. If you wish to send equipment to the Iotron Facility this spring (late February/early March), please contact the Iotron volunteer at 250-386-5982.
Instructions for packaging and drop off to follow.
Here is the 2016 Iotron Treatment Price List for beekeeping equipment. It does not include the cost for travel to Vancouver.
- Supers (each): $5.00
- Frames (2-pack): $1.68
- Bottom board (each): $1.68
- Inner cover (3-pack): $1.68
- Telescopic cover (each): $1.68
- Lid (each): $1.68
- Nuc box: $3.25
- Queen excluder (5-pack): $1.68