« All Events
Executive Meeting (January 2019)
January 14, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Attending: Bill F, Irene T, Don L, Carolyn H, Kim B
- Bill called the meeting to order at 7:22 PM
- Heinz K’s daughter is a vet for the club to ask about medicines.
- The longer pre-meeting of the Newbies and the intermediate beekeepers (45 min) seems to be appreciated by the members attending.
- Bill will write his annual report for the AGM. 2 people have come forward to look over the club’s books with Rupert R. Rupert has indicated that he will step down as treasurer of the Association.
- With both the President and Treasurer retiring, who will take over those positions?
Proposal – possible that each executive to share the meetings.
- Storing of the club’s equipment has become a problem: 2 extractors, whole sound system, library cabinet, the vaporizer has gone awol (do not who borrowed it). Don L has volunteered to store the equipment in his garage. The club has access to 3 observation hives.
- Iotron – Alanna Morbin to be asked when she has made the date for the trip to the Iotron.
- Face Book Page – this started when Catherine C was president. Don Lambert and Bill Fosdick are the administrators for the page.
- Quadra Days – Joanne and Greg Davidson usually man this booth just before the Day of the Honeybee. Usually in April. Bill will reach out to them to see if they will do it this year again.
- A landscape company has reached out to have a member to speak to their clients about honeybees. This would be February 2, and a half hour talk. Bill F will ask Nairn H if she has time.
- Saanich Fair – Irene has asked to have help putting on the display and the honey tasting at the Saanich Fair. Graeme Nye has retired from assembling the volunteers to help on the weekend of the Fair. Don L volunteered to make a sandwich board to direct visitors to the display area.
- Small Groups – Carolyn. Send out a list to each of the co-ordinators.
- February – newbie corner – spring feeding, where to get bees, what is a good pollen pattie, what is actually happening in the hive, be prepared for early swarming.
- Meeting adjourned 9:00 PM