Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Executive Meeting (September 2021)

September 13, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm


Attending: Bill F, Simon L, Carolyn H, Cindy P, Don L
Not Present: Kazlyn B, Victoria S, Rinah K, Nicole S

  • Bill began the meeting @ 7:15pm
  • General Meeting review
    • Hearing was an issue. Microphone wasn’t working.
    • Tiered step arrangement might not be the best for those with less mobility.
    • Would be crowded for a regular meeting.
    • Distance is an issue.
    • Street parking isn’t the best. Parking lot wasn’t open.
    • Sitting on steps was uncomfortable.
    • Gorgeous location.
    • 38 present, 6 online.
    • Some technology issues.
    • Tunnel entrance presentation by Harriet was appreciated.
  • Alternate locations
    • Saanich Community Church – $300/month
      • Get upstairs and downstairs
      • 4hr chunk
      • Can we book only 10 sessions or so a year?
    • St. Aidan’s is under construction
  • October Meeting
    • Again at Glenlyon – Bill to check
      • New beekeeper corner in upstairs room.
      • Ventilation or not – overwintering bees.
      • Winter monitoring.
      • Climate change may be changing what we need to do.
    • Chef – book of honey recipes for November. Zoom meeting.
    • Pat Peach with merchandise?
      • Club member – so encouraged.
    • General topic
      • Storing frames, equipment, etc.
      • Remote person via Zoom
      • Academic Speaker?
      • Beaver lodge
      • Does Werner have a contact?
      • Western Apiaries?
      • Exchange of emails over the next week or 2 to solidify.
  • Honey for Queesto
    • About a dozen jars went last year.
    • Bill to ask Brad to send email asking for dropoff at October meeting or at Don’s or other executive’s house.
  • Holiday Cards
    • Picture approved
    • Simon to contact Borden/Buckerfields
    • Cowichan Bees already contacted
  • Theft from Outyards
    • Some evidence of tampering in Werner’s hives.
    • No reports from our yard
  • Dump Run
    • Minimum fee of $20
    • Carolyn has volunteered to collect to lessen the burden – truck at next meeting.
  • Sterogenics
    • Alanna may not want to do it again.
    • Had about 300 pieces last year.
    • They won’t commit to doing it same day anymore.
    • Can we get some government funding? Other clubs did.
    • Need to check on ministry site.
    • Some other clubs tagged onto commercial operators.
    • Sharing of disease is a bigger problem in the city.
  • Meeting adjourned at 8:37pm


September 13, 2021
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Event Category:
Event Tags:
, , ,


Simon Lightbody
Victoria, BC Canada