- This event has passed.
Executive Meeting (September 2020)
September 14, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Attending: Cindy P, Don L, Carolyn H, Bill F, Kazlyn B, Nicole S, Simon L
Not present: None
- Bill began the meeting @ 7:04pm
- Bill reviewed his agenda items
- Review of bylaws
- Clarify executive, etc. items
- Intent is to have 5-6 voting executive and other members of executive that don’t vote at executive meetings
- Directors at large and committee chairs may participate in meetings, but not vote
- Intent is to elect only 6 executive
- Look to dropping the use of term “officer”
- Remove newsletter from Treasurer responsibilities
- Simon to review latest Word document version version on government website; correlate and then circulate proposed changes
- September meeting review:
- Victoria group went very well; want to scope out a place for winter meetings
- Oak Bay/Gordon Head met near United Church; 6 attendees; went over mite treatments
- Saanich: 9 people total – inexperienced to experienced; variety of topics (honey, mites, preparing for winter)
- Esquimalt/Vic West: 7-8 people; setup for winter; mite treatments; one person would like to know who has bees in his area (to ensure mite treatment is occurring) – privacy concern; ministry has the info for those who have complied with regulation; also concern about AFB – should be checking regardless, not because there is an outbreak in your area
- Westshore: 9 people total – spoke about outyard, treatment for mites, feeding heavy syrup, wasp management
- Small groups or club wide for next meeting?
- Some people have mentioned they like the small meetings.
- Divide meetings by experience level? Beginner/Intermediate concurrently?
- Need to confirm 2 people for financial statement review according to bylaws at Oct. meeting, but can be done by email.
- Conclusion – repeat small groups for October and have 1 last large group meeting for November.
- Will watch weather forecast for meeting time in October. Likely will be on weekend due to early darkness on weekdays.
- People did well this year.
- Sandcut also did well.
- Bill did 50lbs/hive. Similar numbers have been heard from other members.
- Meeting adjourned 8:10pm.