- This event has passed.
Executive Meeting (August 2020)
August 17 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Attending: Bill F, Carolyn H, Simon L, Nicole S, Cindy P
Not present: Don L, Kazlyn B
- Bill began the meeting @ 7:09pm
- Small group meetings:
- Small meetings seem to be working.
- 50 to 70 people in total when adding all groups.
- Plan for September
- Plan on small group meetings again unless the weather is looking poor.
- Normal club date would be Sep. 10. Close to school opening time.
- Could vary date based on a poll of the individual groups.
- Will check provincial guidelines before meeting date.
- Saanich Fair is cancelled altogether.
- Nicole to check volunteer list for observation hive at Swan Lake. Nairn Hollett wants to step back and will help with next volunteer. Nicole to send list of potential volunteers to Bill.
- No new news on Asian hornets or AFB.
- New bee inspector being appointed for South Island.
- Bylaw Review – push forward to a later meeting with more Exec present.
- Outyard update
- Quite a few cancellations so allowed people to buy as many tags as they wanted.
- A few leftover tags.
- Nicole/Kazlyn will correlate final numbers.
- Main reason for cancellation was it was too much for the person.
- Lack of carpooling may have been an issue.
- Lock wasn’t present on Outyard road this year.
- Queesto hasn’t replaced it. Hopefully they will next year.
- Queesto provides access to the club for free.
- Looks like results will be good this year.
- Nicole to be primary Exec meeting organizer with Zoom going forward (Simon as backup.)
- Meeting adjourned 7.45pm.