- This event has passed.
Executive Meeting (April-May 2020)
May 7 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Attending: Brent L, Larry L, Bill F, Cindy P, Werner G, Carolyn H, Peter D, Nicole S, Simon L
Not present: Don L, Kazlyn B, Nairn H
Bill began the meeting at 7:08 and invited Brent to introduce everyone to the functionality of Zoom.
Zoom – Brent Lee described the functionality of Zoom, including participants, Q&A, polls. Zoom provides transcripts of meetings which can be a guide for meeting minutes.
Bill began the run-through of the Agenda for the general meeting. Meeting invite to go to community in general.
Setting up a nuc and the first month – Don Lambert
- Don chasing a swarm, not in attendance.
- Bill framed up some slides for him.
- Bill reviewed slides for installing a nuc.
- Cindy suggests describing the difference between package/nuc.
- Werner suggests not opening hive during first week.
Questions and Answers with – Bob Liptrot
- Bob not in attendance.
- Brent will manage Q&A and who they are asked of.
Swarm season – Peter Day
- 10 calls in April. 6 so far in May.
- Peter indicates only members are on the map – we can contact you.
- Policy is swarm catcher can charge a reasonable cost if owner is not a member. Non members encouraged to join club.
- Swarm committee members are practicing social distancing.
- Larry highlighted swarm prevention – need lots of space in May.
What’s in Bloom – Nairn H
- Quiz with flowers/poll will be presented.
- Polls needed in advance by Brent for inclusion in meeting.
What Beekeepers are doing in May and June – Larry Lindahl. Larry to send notes to Bill for inclusion in
Extractor and Vaporizers rental for members. How do those managing them know who is a member? Werner may receive and direct all requests.
Plan for the Outyard – Brad Alexander
- Assuming we will get to the outyards this year.
- Can use Zoom polling tool to draw for tags.
- People could request 1, 2 or 3 tags.
- At 143 paid members.
- 3 people requested deferred membership fee.
Just so you know: Add BC invasive species weblink.
Meeting adjourned 8:12pm.