- This event has passed.
Executive Meeting (June 2018)
June 18 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Attending: Don L, Rupert R, Nairn H, Irene T, Bill F and Kim B
Meeting was called to order at 7:07pm.
- New beekeeper’s corner – Don L
July: Extracting honey
August: Honey tasting and testing for the water content in the honey.
- General meeting
July: Different methods of raising queens, early August mite control (Stan sells Mitegone). What methods to use for mite control during the year. The nutrition in the hive. What is a pollen patty?
August: Getting ready for the fairs, wasp control and mite control. In the fall keep the hive warm
- Outyard is 4 weeks away – need maps and instructions to those who are going to the outyards. Brad Alexander will be taking over the overseeing of the outyard as Derek Wulff is retiring from that position after many years.
- A motion to increase the fee to go the outyard to $10.00 per hive for the year 2019 was made by Bill F, seconded by Rupert R. Motion carried.
- Nairn H will contact the managers of the James Bay Market to have an information booth at their site.
- Swarm policy is on the website.
- New Business:
1. Bill F on behalf of the CRBA wrote a letter of support for the BeeBC program.
2. CRBA has 180 members – we need to poll the members with 5 questions to what is missing in our meetings and what do our members wish to have.
Meeting adjourned at 8:22pm.