- This event has passed.
Executive Meeting (January 2021)
January 11 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Attending: Cindy P, Bill F, Carolyn H, Simon L, Kazlyn B, Don L, Werner G
Not Present: Nicole S
- Bill began the meeting @ 7:06pm
- Beginners corner appears popular from survey and should continue.
- Bill presented other responses from the survey.
- We could start at 6:30 with beginners and then continue into the main meeting at 7 in Zoom.
- Potentially difficult to tailor the beginner session to the right experience level.
- Don suggests we start with an “Introducing to beekeeping” presentation for January’s meeting and move to more complex topics as the season progresses.
- There are people we haven’t heard from for 6+ months. 67 responses to survey so far.
- Can we keep the small groups going as well? (was asked several times.)
- Small groups can decide when they will have meetings. This may provide opportunity for people that miss the main meeting (or their local meeting) to join a different small group meeting at a different time.
- 8-12 people was the typical small group size.
- About 30 people have paid their membership so far this year.
- Those who don’t have a PayPal account can pay by credit card on the PayPal site. Just find the “Pay by credit card” link after being directed to PayPal site.
- If there are problems paying online, try a different browser, ensure cookies are enabled, restart and retry, etc.
- This week’s meeting:
- New Beekeeper’s corner at 6:30
- Update on Iotron trip. Rescheduled to 1st of March. In newsletter and add to calendar on website.
- Iotron – 2 levels of radiation available. 10 and 15kgy. Suggesting we use higher dose due to EFB outbreak on mainland. Extra cost.
- Motion to move to higher dose level. 6 in favour, 1 abstain. Approved.
- Encourage members from up island to participate (without CRBA subsidy.) Use a waitlist to ensure all CRBA members that want a spot get one.
- New rules on how things should be packaged.
- Cost is $7.50 per box at new radiation level (raw Iotron cost.)
- Cost is same no matter size (medium, deep, nuc.)
- Stan and Cheryl about packages? Pat Peach and Werner also will be asked to present a bit of information.
- Open mic questions.
- Should everyone have the ability to talk (be presenters?) Yes, try it this month.
- Carolyn will direct questions in chat to the appropriate member to respond.
- Hive Autopsy. What to look for if your hive is dead (in addition to Larry’s usual “what to do”?)
- When is the AGM? Discuss next exec meeting.
- Rolling carts for Iotron? Need to have wheels in the middle. Approx $40. Don to proceed.
- Werner will have a new post on the website indicating those that will have bees for sale soon.
- B-line email list will be re-constituted with new membership list in April.
- Carolyn will re-new disposal contract with Hartland (and have a quick note in the meeting.)
- Meeting adjourned 8:36pm.