- This event has passed.
A Bee Lovers’ Tour of Sri Lanka
June 27, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
If you are fascinated by the world of bees and beekeeping you must not miss this custom designed cultural tour to Sri Lanka! Join Bob* and Dana, owners of Tugwell Creek Honey Farm & Meadery, on this fascinating exploration of Sri Lanka. Visit local beekeeping colonies and meet the local experts; visit a coconut plantation, an elephant sanctuary, an amazing rock fortress famous for its giant honey bees, and search for leopards on a jungle safari! Immerse yourself in the world of beekeeping Sri Lankan style!
Your package includes:
- Accommodation and meals as per the itinerary
- Transfers and sightseeing by private air-conditioned motor coach
- Meals as shown on itinerary
- Entrance fees to monuments and sites mentioned in itinerary
Group arrival and departure transfers
Price per person land only $4,299 USD based on 2 sharing and a minimum of 11 passengers.
Price per person land only $3,899 USD based on 2 sharing and a minimum of 20 passengers.
(Limited to a maximum of 24)
Not included: personal expenses, international airfare and taxes, meals not specified, gratuities, camera fees at sites. Single supplement available, please enquire. Private transfers are available for an additional cost for those not arriving at the same time as the group. Hold your space with a $1,000 US non-refundable deposit.
* Robert Liptrot became interested in bees at the age of 6. Bob earned a Masters Degree in Entomology and teaches beekeeping at Royal Roads university. Bob and Dana started the first meadery in Western Canada producing award winning mead! A passionate beekeeper, Bob is an active member of apicultural research projects.